The Ownership Hub is a joint project between Co-operatives UK and the Employee Ownership Association, supporting the #1MillionOwners campaign which aims to grow employee and worker ownership in the UK.
South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority are delighted to become the first regional partner, encouraging and supporting employee and worker ownership in your region. We will be working with Co-operatives UK and the Employee Ownership Association to raise awareness, develop training, deliver advice and expertise to create resilient and inclusive businesses that give employees a stake and a say.
The Ownership Hub offers a range of services across South Yorkshire:
- Want to find out more about employee and worker ownership? The Ownership Hub website has resources for start-ups, existing businesses and business advisors.
- Are you a start up, early stage or existing business looking for advice on employee and worker ownership? The South Yorkshire Growth Hub has experienced and knowledgeable advisers who can provide support and advice on setting up new businesses, on succession planning for existing businesses, on upskilling employees, on access to finance, or they can signpost you to other forms of business support based on your needs.
- Are you a business support provider interested in receiving training on employee and worker ownership? The Ownership Hub can offer free, bespoke training courses to business advisors, accountants, lawyers, funders/finance providers and business networks to develop local knowledge and understanding about employee and worker ownership. Contact the local co-ordinator to find out more.
In addition, if you are interested in partnering with us on the project, you can get in touch with the local coordinator for a conversation.
The 2022 UnFound Accelerator is now accepting applications
The UnFound Accelerator is a business support programme for co-founders at the early stage of setting up their platform co operative. Participants will be offered:
- Guidance for setting the foundations of their platform business through Co operatives UK’s extensive network of experts
- Support in turning their idea into a concrete business solution
- The opportunity to share the journey with other platform co op founders
- A chance to showcase their business idea at a pitch event towards which The Co operative Bank is providing a £10,000 prize fund
The deadline for applications is 6 March 2022, and the UnFound Accelerator will run from 27 April to 29 June 2022 with the pitch event planned for 13 July 2022.
Do you have a clear and compelling idea for a platform co op? Are you ready to transform your idea into a viable business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Where to start?
- Read the application guidance to learn more about the programme and how to apply
- Join one of two 30 minute webinars being hosted about the Accelerator – ask questions relevant to your platform idea: 18 January, 12 12.30pm | 15 February, 12 12.30pm
- Book a call with the UnFound programme manager to discuss your platform idea. Slots available in January or February 2022 (via Calendly)
- You can also access the recording of a webinar about platform co-ops that took place last month