Access to Finance is a unique service across the region which enables companies to identify and access private and public funding opportunities.
If you are experiencing or planning for growth in your business and are in the Sheffield City Region, then we can support you by advising on how to access suitable finance support.
We can help you secure funds from a variety of sources including, where appropriate, grant funding through our £52m Business Investment Fund. The service is supported by finance professionals all with extensive experience, who can discuss your growth plans and requirements with you and give you an impartial perspective on business plans and forecasts.
They’ll also be able to put you in touch with suitable commercial lenders including banks, finance houses, gap funders and peer to peer lenders; help you understand and negotiate the available publicly-backed financial products and services; help you pull together a suitable blend of finance, and help your business move forward. The Access to Finance Centre of Expertise is open to enquiries from businesses, however large or small, and also to advisors or intermediaries with general queries about the programme.
Eligibility for Support
To be eligible you must:
- Be located in the Sheffield City Region and paying business rates to one of the nine local authorities in the region; although applications will be considered for businesses looking to relocate into the region.
- Be a viable business, demonstrating growth or potential to grow and operating from commercial premises
- Be able to demonstrate your project would not go ahead either as quickly or at the same scale without grant support – i.e. a clear case for a grant must be demonstrated
- Be able to evidence that you have exhausted the traditional funding markets
- Be planning capital expenditure
- Be planning to create new jobs
Note: the grant cannot be used for working capital, training or research and development purposes.
If you have a growth project in need of funding support, contact the Growth Hub Gateway team to speak with an Access to Finance Advisor.
See how the Growth Hub has provided local firm PCT with financial support for expansion and growth.