Social Media for Business Growth (Sheffield)
Every business in today’s world can benefit from having a social media presence. But the key is to understand which platforms to use, how to maximise your time on them and what content works well for your products or services. This ‘Social Media for Business Growth Masterclass’ is designed to make you think about how you can capitalise on social media marketing and have a formal structured approach no matter what size or age of business.
This Masterclass is complimented by Achieving Your Goals through Digital Marketing (Chesterfield), How to Grow Your Online Presence (Bassetlaw), Creating a Social Media Plan and Strategy (Chesterfield), and Creating your Digital Marketing Strategy (Bassetlaw) Masterclass.
This Masterclass will cover:
• Which platforms to focus on and why
• Developing a basic social media strategy and plan
• Content planning
• Account set up, impact and optimisation, so others can find & engage with you easily
• Developing content for social media and web – written, graphics and video
• Tools, tricks and tips for curating quality content via platforms such as Canva, Biteable, and a range of Mobile Apps
• Tagging, hashtags, business to business interactions
• Building, managing and engaging with a quality network of followers
• Up to date dashboards and tools for strategic social media marketing
• How to invest wisely on social media and maximise your time
• Social Listening for proactive lead generation
• Tried & tested strategies for getting quality leads to purchasers
• How to plan and execute online social media campaigns
• Social advertising and how to maximise your results
• Etiquette, customer service, crisis management and how to handle complains
• Manage your corporate reputation
• Measuring your results and impact
What are the benefits to my business?
• Delegates will leave with practical knowledge and tools that will allow them to implement or manage social media and digital campaigns
• They will have a basic social media strategy and plan to take forward into the business
• Delegates will benefit from a greater return from their marketing campaigns and be reassured they are following best practice and industry guidelines
• Increase media interest and brand awareness, enhance customer support
• Raise the profile of the business
• Become a personable business
• Reach out to new audiences, customers and partners
• Facilitate the cultural change to become a business that is proactive in its marketing approach
Who is leading it?
Janet Bebb, is a highly regarded social media and digital marketing specialist and trainer with over 10 years’ experience in business and enterprise. Janet delivers one-to-one and one-to-two training sessions, in-house group workshops for three to twelve people and is a delivery partner for a range of other third party organisations. She is one of only a handful of Accredited Facebook #SheMeansBusiness Trainers in the UK and is recognised as one of Enterprise Nation’s top 50 UK Growth Advisers.
A competent speaker at business events on social media and enterprise, her agency, Social Progress were National Finalists for the Chamber Awards in November 2017 in the category of ‘Best Use Of Social Media’ and were National Finalists at the National UK Blog Awards in 2016 & 2017, under the category of ‘Social Media, Marketing, PR & Comms’.
Who is the Masterclass for?
This Masterclass is for all growing SMEs within the Sheffield City Region, as long as the below eligibility criteria is met.
This Masterclass is aimed at leaders and managers of High Growth SME’s based in the Sheffield City Region who have a basic knowledge of social media for their business and need to understand how to develop their knowledge of social media marketing further to promote their business through online channels.
Q/ How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
A/ Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q/ What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
A/ There is limited parking on Paternoster Row but there are several car parks in the area. Visitors receive 50% discount for Q Park located on Charles Street, S1 2NJ. Be sure to collect your exit voucher at the Box Office or Workstation Reception. The train station is less than a five-minute walk from Sheffield train station, bus station and tram stops, and just a short distance from the M1 parkway and Sheffield city centre. The Sat Nav postcode is S1 2BX.
Q/ I would like to bring a colleague, is this ok?
A/ No, only one attendee per company is permitted.
Q/ Will refreshments be provided?
A/ Tea, coffee and water available on arrival and mid-morning break.
Only one registration per business via Eventbrite will be confirmed. If additional people from your business would like to attend, they can be added to a waiting list by emailing email@example.com with the business name, name of additional attendee and contact telephone number. If this Masterclass isn’t fully subscribed upon the closure of registrations, we will contact you to offer the additional place. The waiting list will be prioritised on a first come first served basis. Businesses that register more than one attendee via Eventbrite will be contacted and asked to nominate one person to attend.
This Masterclass is open to small and medium-sized enterprises based in the Sheffield City Region. If you are unsure whether you fall into this region you can use the postcode checker.
A part of your business must be based in one of the following districts: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire. Rotherham or Sheffield.
Please note that if your firm that is part of a larger Group you may need to include staff headcount, turnover, balance sheet data for the Group too, to ascertain whether it is eligible.
We are pleased to be able to provide this masterclass free of charge due to funding from the European Regional Development Fund. There are a number of eligibility criteria for attendees which we will check using the online registration questions and in a phone call to every attendee prior to the event.
This event will be delivered by the ‘Sheffield City Region Growth Hub Enhancement Project’ that is part-funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The project, for high-growth businesses in the Sheffield City Region, aims to increase their competitiveness and so help them grow and prosper.