Northern Powerhouse Life Sciences 2020 – Middle East Market Briefing
Event Venue and Description – Webinar
The Northern Powerhouse, which includes the cities of Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Hull and Newcastle, accounts for a large proportion of UK life sciences exports with more than 1,000 life sciences and healthcare businesses. This makes up one of the largest life sciences clusters in Europe with a combined turnover of £10.8 billion. Due to its importance in the Northern Powerhouse, we are supporting businesses from the Health and Life Sciences industry as part of the levelling up agenda.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) are pleased to be hosting some exciting events over the coming months, including an International Market Programme focusing on doing business in specific regions, a must-attend Regulatory Symposium featuring 10 key industry speakers over two days, and a full-day event focusing on the impact of the EU transition and considerations for the sector.
The International Market Programme will help Health and Life Sciences businesses to choose their next market and learn all they need to know for successful market entry. Each week a new region will be covered, with insights from in-market specialists from the Department for International Trade, a Northern Powerhouse Health and Life Sciences case study who is successfully exporting to the region and a Q&A session.
The Middle East Market Briefing Session will cover the following areas:
- Welcome and Introduction to the Northern Powerhouse
- Introduction to the Region – What can DIT do to help
- Market Introduction – United Arab Emirates
- Market Introduction – The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Market Introduction – Qatar
- Market Introduction – Kuwait
- Market Introduction – The Wider Region
- DIT Export Champion – ‘Our Middle East Experience’
- Discussion and Questions – Virtual Roundtable
For further information and details of how to register, please follow the link provided.