Networking, Presenting & Pitching – Getting your point across
Event Venue and Description – Webinar
This workshop looks at three complementary topics: networking, presenting, and pitching.
The session will start with a discussion of what qualifies as networking (and what does not), before considering how it can help your business. It is helpful to think about networking as an investment and, as such, it is essential to think about our return.
The session includes advice on how to plan ahead, what to do when networking, and how to follow up. It also considers how to network online, as well as offline – and how the present Covid-19 epidemic has changed everything.
Networking often leads to the opportunity to present, which is the subject of the next part of the workshop. You will be asked what value you aim to create for the audience – in other words, what’s in it for them – before working out how to align this with your objectives.
The group then considers how best to communicate, using the latest findings from psychology. It will distinguish rational robots, heuristic humans, and emotional entities and discover the importance of shortcuts and storytelling.
The session will then turn to online presentations, which are naturally critical during Covid-19.
Presentations often form an essential part of any pitch. The session will end with a brief recap of the Challenger Dialogue, which is the centre of our sales workshop and consider how that might inform your written and verbal response to any pitch.
What will you learn?
- What counts as networking and securing a return on your investment
- How to plan ahead, conduct yourself at the event, and follow up
- Whether your presentation creates value for your audience
- Why we are not rational robots but heuristic humans and emotional entities
- Which shortcuts make your presentation more compelling
- How to harness storytelling for engagement and impact
- The outline of how to use a Challenger Dialogue in your pitch
For further information and details of how to register, please follow the link provided.