Date: Tuesday 30 January 2018
Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm
Venue: BizSpace, Bradmarsh Business Park, Rotherham, S60 1BY
Register your attendance
This one-day Masterclass provides an essential introduction to public sector tendering for small and medium -sized enterprises (SMEs). The learning objectives for the day include: preparing your business to tender; how and where to find tender opportunities; understanding tender requirements; commercial considerations, and; how to respond to and submit a tender.
This Masterclass will look at:
- Preparing your business to tender: Devising an organisational bid strategy; the pros and cons of public sector markets; common supplier requirements (e.g. insurances, key policies, accreditations, audited accounts); assigning bid production responsibilities; setting and measuring bid objectives.
- How and where to find tender opportunities: Horizon scanning for future opportunity; introduction to Contracts Finder; using commercial subscription services; identifying and using procurement portals; supply chain opportunities with other contractors; other opportunity sources (internet, social media, newspapers, trade associations).
- Understanding tender requirements: Procurement terminology; making bid/no-bid decisions; different procurement procedures (open, closed, frameworks, DPS); interpreting tender specifications; understanding scoring and evaluation criteria (quality vs. price); solution design.
- Commercial considerations: Understanding the cost of bidding; setting financial objectives (minimum viable pricing, target profit, full cost recovery); mapping all cost categories; different payment mechanisms (fixed price jobs, service fees, payment by results); working capital implications; price discounting.
- How to respond to and submit a tender: Managing bid projects; interpreting tender questions; structure and storyboarding; writing winning content; using evidence / case studies; using space effectively (character/word counts); effective proof reading and review; submission and upload.
Who is the masterclass for?
This Masterclass is for all growing SMEs within the Sheffield City Region, as long as the eligibility criteria is met.
It is primarily for those who are new to the tendering process and looking to start bidding for public sector tenders, or to improve their bid writing process.
Book your place now.
More Sheffield City Region Growth Hub Enhancement Project Masterclasses.
Contact us for more information.
This event will be delivered by the ‘Sheffield City Region Growth Hub Enhancement Project’ that is part-funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The project, for high-growth businesses in the Sheffield City Region, aims to increase their competitiveness and so help them grow and prosper.