India – Export Opportunities For Northern Powerhouse Businesses
Join us on 8th February at our webinar to learn more about the exciting export opportunities in India for
Northern Powerhouse businesses.
We are working in partnership with the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership and the West Yorkshire
Combined Authority to help local businesses grow their export sales to India.
With its vibrant and expanding consumer market of over 1.2 billion people, India an extremely attractive market
with broad-ranging opportunities for UK exporters.
India is the 4th largest retail market in the world and is projected to reach $2 trillion by 2032 from $690 billion in
2021. Currently there are nearly a billion monthly visits by e-commerce consumers in India using 7 major
platforms including Flipkart, Amazon India, Nykaa, and Tata Cliq.
India’s rapidly growing middle class with a demand for UK products and services is seeking premium offerings
and new unique brands across a broad range of categories. There is a high demand for products from food
and drink, fashion and beauty, nutrition, health and personal care, home and furniture, and toys and baby
Following this webinar there will be an opportunity to book a 121 meeting with UKIBC to discuss the
opportunity in more detail in Leeds on 23rd February.
• Mark Roberts, Chair, Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership
• Subhayu Ray, Associate Director, UKIBC
• Anurag Nair, Senior Director, Flipkart Marketplace
• Lucky Yadav, Chief Business Officer, Adyogi (India partner)
• Rahul Tabhane, Country Head for India, UK Export Finance
• Ranjana Abraham, International Trade Adviser, DIT Yorkshire and the Humber
• Keith Austin, International Business Manager, Quiz Clothing
• Amanda Potter, Trade and Investment Manager, West Yorkshire Combined Authority
• Jennie Holdstock, International Markets Development Manager, West Yorkshire Combined Authority