Grant Writing – Finding partners to make a difference
Event Venue and Description – Webinar
The session is aimed at helping you get better at researching and applying for grants –whether from social enterprises, private foundations, or HM Government.
It will start by outlining the types of grants available and their pros and cons, before exploring how to use databases and carry out effective research.
The session will then help you develop a systematic approach to finding and identifying relevant funders in the third or public sector.
The group then considers the different kinds of grant options there are, before discussing which grants match your requirements and are worth applying for.
You will also briefly look at how to get organizations ready for the application process, before sharing the key principles of effective grant writing. These include funder alignment, organisational mission, project design, and programme budgets
Although the session focuses on an overall strategy, rather than quick wins, to ensure lasting return, it does look at the impact of Covid-19 on grant awarding bodies.
The session ends by looking at next steps and where to get more help.
What will you learn?
- The different types of grant that are available
- Ways to decide which funds are right for your business
- How to research opportunities and focus on the best candidates
- Understand what different tactics you can use to argue need
- Common elements of the application process
- How to avoid common errors and tips for success
- Insight into the way applications are assessed by funders
For further information and details of how to register, please follow the link provided.