Getting Started with 3D Printing
Learn how to use 3D printers to design, improve and prototype products and tools
About this event
About the facilitator
The workshop will be run by Paul Bennett, MCGI. Paul has a wealth of experience in training and development, leading maker lab demonstrations and experiential learning. He has significant experience in enabling business leaders who are looking to make the most of digital technology to improve products, maximise efficiency and adopt new ways of working.
Who’s it for?
Anyone interested in learning how to use 3D printers for creating moulds, prototyping parts and products or making one-off pieces
The programme is available for SME’s across Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, and Rotherham, as well as Chesterfield, North-East Derbyshire, Derbyshire Dales, Bolsover, and Bassetlaw.
What will I leave with?
– An introduction to 3D CAD software and different uses
– An understanding of how to source pre-made shapes for 3D printing
– Hands on feel for what materials can be used with 3D printers
– Understanding of the opportunities and limitations of 3D printing
– Ideas for how to apply 3D printing to your product or idea such as creating moulds, prototyping parts or one-off products
This workshop will allow time for everyone to be introduced to CAD and gain an overview of how they can use 3D printing to support their product or business.
While at the workshop, you’ll learn about our Digital Innovation for Growth Programme – free 12 hours of access to our prototyping workspace in the MakerLab, and the opportunity to work with Sheffield Hallam University’s academic experts.
Our building is fully accessible, and lunch will be provided. Pay and Display parking is available on-site at the County Way Car Park. Any questions about materials please contact DMC@barnsley.gov.uk.