Designing innovative, responsible and sustainable packaging
Join us on the 2nd November to see how Design Futures at Sheffield Hallam University can support your business with packaging innovation.
About this event
Good packaging design plays a vital role in the success of a product. From production through to dispossession, a successful packaging design solution must consider a wide range of requirements to support the product’s lifetime. With environmental responsibility and cost saving high on current agendas, packaging design is vital to ensure customer satisfaction while minimising environmental impacts.
Design Futures have been designing and developing innovative packaging for over 20 years. Over this period, they have worked with companies of all sizes from start-ups to major multinationals, including Marks and Spencer, Amazon, Tesco and Twinings Tea. Their design work spans a diverse range of markets that include consumer, industrial, FMCG and automotive.
Using design case studies, the team from Design Futures will give an overview of some of the methods and tools they use to create innovative packaging solutions. Staff from the Research and Innovation Services at Sheffield Hallam University will also be speaking about the potential funding routes for businesses, including the Sheffield Innovation Programme (SIP) and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) which are available through the University.
This event will focus on:
• Improving the functionality of a product and appeal with innovative packaging design
• Designing sustainable packaging solutions
In this session, you’ll hear about:
• Packaging design projects that add value to the products they contain
• Sustainable packaging design solutions that provide considerable environmental savings.
• Reducing risk throughout the development process
• Possible sources for new ideas and how to initiate ideas generation processes (or how to refresh your existing processes)
• Potential funding sources, including SIP and KTP, that support innovative idea development and allow collaboration with a range of University experts
Who should attend?
SMEs, MDs, CEOs, Product Managers, Brand Managers, Designers, R&D professionals, Marketing professionals
Wednesday 2nd November 2022
4.00pm – 6.30pm
Sheffield Digital Campus, 3 Concourse Way, Sheffield, S1 2BJ
16.00 – 16.30: Meet and Greet
16.30 – 17.15 : Innovative Packaging Design, John Kirkby, Creative Director, Design Futures Packaging, SHU
17.15 – 17.30: Supporting Britvic with packaging design, Alaster Yoxall, Principal Research Fellow in Human Centred Engineering, SHU
17.30 – 17.45: SIP and KTPs at SHU; Antony Davies, SIP Client Relationship Manager and Sarah Durkin, KTP Funding Manager
17.45 – 18.30 : Showcasing and Networking
Welcome drinks and canapes will be provided at the event. If you have any dietary requirements please either let us know upon registration or email email@example.com.