Business information Databases & IP Support in Barnsley Library
Do you need to research your market? We can give you access, at no cost, to major market research and business information databases including Mintel, IBISWorld, Fame, Grantfinder & more.
The subscription costs for many of these resources would be beyond the reach of most small businesses, so come and make use of them.
At this 45 minute session we can triage your enquiry and direct you to the most appropriate business information database for your needs and help to support you with a basic search
Book a one-to-one session with an Information Specialist at Library@ the lightbox to discuss access to our resources and other support. Access to computers to view databases will be part of the session.
All businesses or creatives will have some IP, whether it’s an invention, brand, product, design, artwork, literature or even a database.
At this 45 minute session you can have a discussion with a member of the BIPC team about what IP you may have already, how to protect it, understand it’s value and how to avoid infringing other people’s IP
These sessions will be delivered by:
- video call
- In person sessions at the library @ the Lightbox can also be arranged
*Please note – during these sessions we offer information only, we do not provide legal advice.
Drop in to the Centre at Library@the Lightbox to use any of the databases on our dedicated computers. A full list of resources is given below
Library opening hours: Opening Hours
To reserve Computer space in advance Book a NetLoan Session
or contact them online Contact Library@thelightbox
If you need more information – contact us on 01226 773555
Market Research – Business Information Databases
• EMIS – Emerging Markets Information Service : A global database providing company, industry and economic information including company reports and financial statements.
• IBIS World market research reports. A global market research database providing statistics and expert analysis on industries, countries, consumers and companies.
• Mintel: Mintel provides in-depth market research reporting focussing on businesses that provide services to consumers. If you want to understand your consumers and their lifestyles– this is absolutely the go to database
Company Data – Business Information Databases
• FAME: A comprehensive database of information on both public and private companies across the UK and Ireland. It is a valuable business intelligence tool for sales and marketing.
• Kompass: The ultimate global business directory enabling you to find new business and marketing leads. Remote access online is available for library members
Advice & Funding information – Advice & Funding information
• COBRA – Complete Business Reference Adviser : An encyclopaedia of practical information for anyone wanting to start a business. With thousands of factsheets, market reports and business opportunity profiles, all the information you need to start and plan your business. Remote access online is available for library members
• Grantfinder: Featuring over 8,000 continuously updated funding opportunities. If you’re looking for Grants, loans, venture capital or equity finance opportunities, this is the database for you.
• Local Data Online: Retail location data and insight for 2,700 UK locations covering over 600,000 retail and leisure units. They are examining every retail location across the UK to capture an accurate and dynamic picture of the UK high street.