Advanced Body Measurement for Ergonomics & Design
Join us at our highly practical two-day workshop hosted by academic experts from Sheffield Hallam’s AWRC.
Do you measure the human body within your role? Or do you use body measurements in your work? Are you interested in developing your body measuring understanding and skillset?
Join us at our 2-day workshop on 21st and 22nd March to hear from Sheffield Hallam’s academic experts from the Advanced Human Body Measurement Programme at the Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (AWRC).
This workshop will explore how body measurement techniques can be improved, both manually and digitally, and will offer practitioners in the ergonomics and design field the opportunity to discover how to improve the accuracy and repeatability of body measurement and thereby the service provided.
You will also have the opportunity to network with other businesses in this sector and explore how collaborating with the university can help your business grow. You’ll find out more about the potential funding opportunities available to SMEs through Digital Innovation for Growth and how we can support businesses in and around the Sheffield City Region to grow and innovate through access to the latest technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, and academic expertise.
Through classroom-based seminars and lab based ‘hands on experience’ this workshop will cover:
- The history of body measurement.
- Surface body measures (anthropometrics) through manual and digital methods.
- Body composition through manual and digital methods.
- Data processing and management.
- Data analysis, interpretation, visualisation and application.
- One-to-one review of current body measurement procedures and challenges.
- To understand and experience both manual and digital measurement methods for surface anthropometrics and body composition.
- Awareness of relevant data processing and management policies and practices
- Awareness of relevant analysis, interpretation, and visualisation techniques and tools.
- Recognition of strengths and weakness in personal / companies current body measurement procedures and challenges.
Who should attend?
This workshop should be of particular interest to: Clinical Engineers, Prosthetic Engineers, Plastic Surgeons, Maxillofacial Surgeons, Orthopaedic Therapists, Technicians and Occupational Therapist based in the Sheffield City Region and the districts of Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales & North East Derbyshire.
Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd March 2023
9.30am – 4.00pm
Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (AWRC), Sheffield Hallam University, Olympic Legacy Park 2 Old Hall Rd, S9 3TU
Refreshments & catering will be provided at the event. If you have any dietary requirements, please either let us know upon registration or email: email@example.com.
Places are limited to 15 persons, and we will operate a first-come-first-served basis. Maximum of 2 tickets per company.
Should you have any questions prior to the event, please do not hesitate to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.