Hospitality and Tourism

For those in the hospitality and tourism sector you can apply for a free ‘We’re good to go’ mark which is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry Coronavirus guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.

To apply for the mark simply visit

Further advice and information about working safely during Coronavirus in the Visitor Economy can be found here.

If you are a VAT registered business you can now check to see if you can temporarily reduce your rate of VAT here.

Pubs and Restaurants

The Government has launched the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme which will run from 3 to 31 August 2020. This scheme entitles diners to a 50% discount of up to £10 per head on any eat in meal (including non-alcoholic drinks) at any participating restaurant, pub or café. The discount will be valid Monday to Wednesday and participating establishments will be fully reimbursed for the 50% discount.

To participate in the scheme, businesses will need to register which opens on Monday 13 July.

Guidance as been issued which sets put a range of measures that pubs and restaurants should follow to ensure that are Coronavirus secure. If followed, this means that pubs and restaurants can reopen.

Hairdressers and barbershops (close contact services)

Guidance for hairdressers and barbershops to reopen safety has also been issued by the Government. By following these guidelines, they can reopen safely.

Public Transport guidance

Guidance has been issued which details that if you are able to work from home, then you should continue this for the foreseeable future. All workers who cannot work from home should travel to their workplace either by bike or walking or private car. They should avoid public transport where possible. If this is not possible then you should wear a face covering when travelling on public transport.

International and Domestic Freight Transport Guidance

International and domestic freight transport (including by air, ship, road and rail, including roll-on/roll-off transports) is classified by UK government as an essential activity in the context of its travel advice. The advice against non-essential travel is not intended to apply to international and domestic freight transport.

Full details of the guidance, can be found here.