At Sheffield City Region Growth Hub, we are committed to providing a website that is accessible for everyone, by following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, set up by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), and aiming to achieve the Double-A standard.
This statement applies to content published on www.scrgrowthhub.co.uk.
This website is run by Sheffield City Region Growth Hub. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some images do not have good alternative text
- some documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Government Digital Service is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content that is not accessible is outlined below with details of:
- where it fails the success criteria
- planned dates for when issues will be fixed
Some images do not have good alternative text.
This fails WCAG 2.1 A 1.1.1 success criterion (Non-text Content). Whilst all images on the site should have alternative text, we’re continually reviewing the quality of this text to provide the best experience possible.
Some videos do not have captions available.
This fails WCAG 2.1 A 1.2.2 (Captions (Prerecorded)). We plan to update this by 01.06.21
PDFs and other documents
Some documents may not be accessible in a number of ways including missing text alternatives and missing document structure.
How we tested this website
This website was and is currently being tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA, and these tests have been carried out internally.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We plan to identify and fix issues according to the timescales shown for each area above.