Ownership Hub – have you heard about the benefits of shared ownership?
The Ownership Hub is a service that supports businesses, professional advisers and regions to grow employee and worker ownership and we are encouraging businesses in South Yorkshire to consider taking the steps towards this business model.
What are the benefits of employee ownership?
Co-owned companies succeed because they are likely to be more productive, inclusive, profitable and sustainable. Here’s why:
- Staff’s leadership skills and interest in the companies ambitions increase when they become shared owners
- Staff retention and productivity is higher in employee-owned businesses because of the personal investment of the individuals
- Innovation thrives because managers are encouraged to listen to employee’s ideas and are more likely to share information
- There is a strong sense of corporate social responsibility due to the open way in which the business is ran
- Independent research suggests that a combination of shared ownership and employee participation delivers superior business performance
What are the benefits of a worker co-op?
Worker cooperatives are values-driven businesses that put worker and community benefit at the core of their purpose. Here are their benefits:
- Workers have a meaningful role in the business, as they contribute to and benefit from the success of a company they co-own
- Bringing more stakeholders in to share the fruits of successful business can be a key to addressing inequality
- Business profits do not go to distant investors, but instead go directly to the workers. As a result, the money stays grounded in the local economy, building community wealth
- Jobs at worker cooperatives tend to be longer-term, offer extensive skills training, and provide better wages than similar jobs in conventional companies
Does all of this sound like something your business could benefit from? Call the gateway now to speak to us about the Ownership Hub service.
Phone: 03330 00 00 39