The Government’s recent announcement that allowed certain industries to get back to work means that Sheffield City Region businesses are having to make changes to ensure they comply with the rules and are operating safely.
To help with this, the Government has released some really useful guidance that is designed to protect your business, customers, suppliers and workforce.
It sets out practical steps including managing customers, assessing risk, who should work, implementing social distancing, cleaning and hygiene, use of PPE, managing the workforce, organising outbound and inbound deliveries and where to go if you need further guidance.
There are eight useful sector guides to ‘Getting back to work’ available here:
Construction and other outdoor work
Factories, plants and warehouses
Homes for people working in, visiting or delivering to home environments
Labs and research facilities
Offices and contact centres
Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery
Shops and branches
In addition, business in our region can access further useful information via a series of webinars provided by the UK Government.
The webinars are relevant to a wide range of different workplace settings. Find out more information by clicking any of the links below:
- Wednesday 27 May, 11am: Factories, plants and warehouses – Guidance for people who run factories, plants and warehouses
- Wednesday 27 May, 3pm: Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery – Guidance for people who run restaurants offering takeaway or delivery services.
- Thursday 28 May, 11am: Shops and branches – Guidance for people who run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Thursday 28 May, 3pm: Vehicles – Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.
- Monday 1 June, 11am: Construction and other outdoor work – Guidance for people who run outdoor working environments.
- Monday 1 June, 3pm: Labs and research facilities – Guidance for people who run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments
- Tuesday 2 June, 11am: Offices and contact centres – Guidance for people who run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments
- Tuesday 2 June, 3pm: Homes – Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to home environments as well as their employers
If you require further information or support then the Growth Hub can guide you through, especially if you are a business that has been affected by the lockdown and need help to recover lost ground – our Re-start to Growth initiative could be just right for you.