Inspiring businesses from across the Sheffield City Region tell their tales of success in a new video aiming to help other enterprises by telling their stories of growth.
The businesses, which range from a brewery to a machining company, have all been aided in their plans for growth by the SCR’s business support service, the Growth Hub, and appear in the video to talk about the help they received.
The video has been made to raise awareness among the region’s 68,000 businesses of the services the Growth Hub can provide or signpost to. In its first year, the Growth Hub worked with more than 4,000 businesses across the region, dramatically smashing its own annual target of 500.
David Grimes, Head of the Sheffield City Region Growth Hub, said: “From Bolsover to Barnsley, Sheffield to Chesterfield, our City Region is brimming with people who have the ideas and vision needed to put us on the map. It’s inspiring to see what’s been achieved by the Growth Hub so far and with the help of this video we can hopefully make more businesses aware so that more firms can then go on to achieve their own success stories.
“With the launch of the video we hope to widen the number of firms we are able to reach – and raise awareness of the support which is available to our regional businesses. The range of support on offer can seem complex and overwhelming at times. But our message to local businesses is clear: the support is there, it’s about finding out which kind of support is best for your business and your growth plans and we can help you do that.”
Featured in the video are:
- Oil and gas engineering specialists Krantech, Chesterfield, which tapped into the Growth Hub’s expertise to source funding to buy machinery, infrastructure and to purchase land and premises.
- Derbyshire-based luxury chocolate manufacturer Holdsworth Chocolates, who used the Enhancement Project for specialist business consultancy.
- Reach Homes, Sheffield, accessed finance via the Growth Hub to develop a prototype affordable eco-home made from used shipping containers.
- Engineering firm PCT, Sheffield, used Access to Finance support via the Growth Hub to purchase a new £50,000 fibre laser cutter to grow its manufacturing capacity.
- Barnsley-based sketchbook, scrapbook and notebook manufacturer Pink Pig contacted the Growth Hub for advice on export.
Contact the Sheffield City Region Growth Hub now and find out about the support available to help your business achieve its goals. Telephone 03330 00 00 39 or send an email.