The latest round of RISE vacancies will be live from Monday 2 to Monday 23 October 2017, as the programme looks to help Sheffield City Region’s SMEs attract, recruit, train and keep graduates.
Formed through collaboration between Sheffield City Region Growth Hub, local authorities and partners, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University and the private sector, the RISE programme takes three cohorts of graduates per year in a move to increase graduate employment in the City Region.
Businesses are welcome to submit their interest in recruiting a graduate through October’s cohort, and should register their interest by Friday 22 September. There will other opportunities to participate in RISE through future programmes.
Businesses using the RISE programme receive:
- Support of a graduate recruitment/development consultant from end-to-end.
- Support to create a job specification.
- Creation of an advert.
- A development scheme designed for you, tailored to your business needs.
- Job advertising as part of the high profile RISE campaign that runs across the region.
- Screening of the application forms and running assessment centres.
- A shortlist of candidates to interview.
- A training and development event for your graduate to prepare for ‘the world of work’ (as appropriate).
- A £1,000 one-off wage subsidy (if you are new to RISE).
- A business mentor experienced at developing graduates (if you’d like one).
- Networking/development events.
- Positive press through case studies and PR.
Over 250 businesses have used RISE since its inception in early 2013, and are benefitting from bringing energy, enthusiasm and fresh ideas into their organisation.
Lisa Leighton, partner at BHP Chartered Accountants, used RISE to recruit a graduate to work on a specific project.
She said: “The project would have taken us years to do. The graduate has challenged us along the way and provided solutions – she is certainly a problem solver and we would love to retain her to develop her career.”
The programme, which will run until 2019, is open to SMEs from any sector as long as they are based within the Sheffield City Region, have less than 250 employees, and are new to graduate recruitment or want a different way to recruit graduates.
Visit the RISE website for more information.
If your business is interested in submitting a vacancy in this round of RISE, please contact the RISE team.
Find out about other ways in which the Sheffield City Region Growth Hub can support your business by contacting the Gateway team on 03330 00 00 39 or sending them an email.